19 Feb, 2015 Press Releases
Exhibitor Pavillion, ISV Roundtables and Firmware Training Sessions
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb 19, 2015 – Today, the OpenPOWER Foundation announced a solid lineup of speakers headlining its inaugural OpenPOWER Summit at NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference at the San Jose Convention Center, March 17-20. Drawing from the open development organization’s more than 100 members worldwide, the Summit’s organizers have lined up over 35 member presentations tied to the event’s “Rethink the Data Center” theme.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from OpenPOWER leadership on Wednesday, March 18 through a series of keynotes that include:
- OpenPOWER Chairman Gordon MacKean’s opening keynote “Advancing the OpenPOWER Vision”
- OpenPOWER President Brad McCredie’s presentation “The Disruptive Technology of OpenPOWER”
- OpenPOWER Technical Steering Committee Chair Jeff Brown’s detailing of the progress of OpenPOWER’s 8 technical work groups and other technical initiatives underway
Several other OpenPOWER members will take the Summit’s main stage on March 18 to reveal a wide range of advancements including OpenPOWER technology, applications, open hardware and software developments. Confirmed presenters include Algo-Logic Systems, Altera, Canonical, DataDirect Networks, IBM, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Mellanox, Nallatech, NVIDIA, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, PGI, PMC Sierra, Rackspace, Rice University, Suzhou PowerCore, Teamsun, Tyan and Xilinx.
Additional member presentations will take place in the presentation theater of the OpenPOWER Pavilion on March 17-18. A full list of presenters and abstracts can be found at https://openpowerfoundation.org/2015-summit/
About the OpenPOWER Summit
The three-day event will kick off the morning of Tuesday, March 17 with an exhibitor pavilion where OpenPOWER members will display and demonstrate OpenPOWER-based products and projects. The pavilion will remain open through March 19. Following Wednesday’s full day of speaker presentations, Thursday’s schedule includes morning and afternoon ISV Roundtables hosted by Canonical and two OpenPOWER Firmware Training Labs.
The Summit will host sector leaders, open technology champions, OpenPOWER members, industry press and analysts, and a diverse and growing ecosystem building momentum to accelerate new technology and foster cutting-edge environments.
According to OpenPOWER Vice President and Summit organizer Michael Diamond of NVIDIA, “The Summit is the place to be to learn about what is going on with OpenPOWER and get involved.”
To register, visit https://openpowerfoundation.org/2015-summit/. To stay up to date on the OpenPOWER Summit, connect with the OpenPOWER Foundation on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, or Twitter and follow the event hashtag #OpenPOWERSummit.
About OpenPOWER Foundation
The OpenPOWER Foundation is an open technical community based on the POWER architecture, enabling collaborative development and opportunity for member differentiation and industry growth. The goal of the Foundation is to create an open ecosystem, using the POWER architecture to share expertise, investment, and server class intellectual property to serve the evolving needs of customers and industry.
- OpenPOWER enables collaborative innovation for shared building blocks
- OpenPOWER supports independent innovation by members
- OpenPOWER builds on industry leading technology
- OpenPOWER thrives as an open development community
- Founded December 2013 by Google, NVIDIA, Tyan, Mellanox and IBM, the organization has grown to more than 100 members worldwide from all sectors of the data center ecosystem at large. For more information, visit www.openpowerfoundation.org